In the last couple weeks I have had the MIS-fortune of seeing a friend of mine being taken advantage of by 2 close friends of hers. Why would they do this? MONEY. Plain and simple. Now, these are all people that attend and hold positions in their church yet they sold out a friend for money. Now, I know this happens all over the world everyday no matter what the situation, religion or relationship. But it still makes me very sad. I am not naive but I guess I really wanted to believe that here in our little community people would have more decency than this. I am not necessarily known for my trusting nature. In fact I am quite the opposite. I am very hesitant in trusting people. This friend I would trust with my life!
She would literally give you the shirt off her back to help you. I know this to be true because she has personally help me in regards to my esthetics's business. She has gone out of her way to refer people to me and boasts about my services to everyone she knows and she asks for NOTHING in return. I am grateful for this friend and I intend to return that favor someday.
All my friend wanted to do was open a little business I am not religious myself, my father is not a bishop, minister, priest whatever religious leaders are called but I can go to sleep each night knowing I haven't screwed my friends/family over for a few bucks. I can also go to bed knowing that my parents are proud of me.
It makes me sad that these people, who are supposedly religious cannot. I was raised to value my integrity above all else. My Dad always says, "When we leave this world the only thing we can take with us is our integrity. If you don't have that, you don't have anything."
Now there are a lot of people in this world I don't care for and I don't think I could do this to even them( not intentionally of course) and I can be quite a bitch haha. I want to end this post with my new favorite quote by Mr. William Shakespear
"Love all, trust few, do wrong to none."

3 comments:
Samalama... I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope all turns out well.
alama... you are incredible, religious or not. Your fathers motto is truly one to stick by. I hate it that people can be like that to one another.
There are truly good people out in the world, your friend is a great example of that, but sadly there are also horrible people out there. I am so sorry she has been used that way. Is there anything she can do?
It is really, really sad. It makes me physically sick what they have done to her. I just can't wrap my head around it. I think I would have an easier time being converted to scientology than understanding this shit! (Had to make a little jokey-joke here).
Send good thoughts her way... she could sure use them right now. Love ya Swera!
I love you Samiee! You truly are an amazing person and an incredible friend! You are one of the few people I know who have good morals that you actually live by! My family and I are so proud to call you my "Sister Wife" ha ha ha!
Post a Comment