Thursday, November 11, 2010

In my next life........

So I realized that when I take pictures of my ADORABLE beagle she is always in my bed. Well that is probably because the little stinker spends a good 10 hours a day in there while I am at work. Ya, in my next life I am sooooo coming back as a beagle. Not only will I be so stinking adorable all will flock to pet my velvet-y soft ears and get sweet as honey kisses from me, the chubbier I am the cuter I am but most important of all? I get to sleep ALL DAY!

Oh... and on a completely separate note it has been brought to my attention that some people read my last post and took it upon themselves to harass the friend I was referring to. I just wanted to say I am not one that has to be told what to think. I am smart enough to put two and two together to realize that you suck :)(This is MY opinion whether you like it or NOT). This may come as a surprised to know that Samiee can think for herself (try it sometime) and if you don't like MY interpretation of a situation you best be talking me about it. Actually, don't because I could really care less. I call it like I see it. Whether or not you agree this is MY blog and I will write about whatever I want.

I also want to point out that if you read that post and assumed I was referring to you it sure seems like you have a guilty conscience huh?? I could give a tiny rats ass about who does or doesn't read this blog and if you are going to read it just know that if you don't like what you are reading then.... STOP READING!!

This just goes to show how good a dog has it. They don't have to deal with ridiculous people like this. I saw a shirt that said, "The more people I meet the more I like my beagle." Truest statement ever. Dayz doesn't care about how much money I have, or the clothes I wear, or what music I listen to. All she cares is that I love her, rub her belly, take her for a walk and feed her and she will love me unconditionally (unless I have a balloon. She is terrified of balloons).

I came across this poem years ago by Senator George Graham Vest  and wanted to share:

The best friend a man has in this world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name, may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its' clouds upon our heads.



The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and poverty, in health and sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, when the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer; he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master, as if he were a prince.When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its' journey through the heavens.



If fortune drives the master forth an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard against danger to fight his enemies; and when the last scene of all comes, and death takes the master in its' embrace, and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in watchfulness, faithful and true even in death.

No comments: