Thursday, November 25, 2010

The reasons I am grateful 2010 version

Ahhh so many many reasons to be thankful. Ya, I just lost my job and I have no idea what the HELL I am doing with myself. I have spent the better part of my life being absorbed with work, school or training. I have always felt passionate about the things I was doing. Then suddenly last year with the closing of the salon I had more free time than I was used to and slowly I have lost my passion for these things.

So here I am unemployed, with the exception of my Esthetics's business and I think I am on my way to finding myself.... Or at least I REALLY hope so..... Hmmmm I just realized I sound a LOT like Liz Gilbert the author of Eat, Pray, Love. A book that I love. Hmmm wish I could go to Bali. Ok on to my list of things I am thankful for.

* Numero Uno- of course is my family. While we are defiantly an interesting bunch I could not have asked for better. I come from the most loyal and loving group of people that taught me not to take shit from ANYONE! and because of them I am the interesting person I am today.

*Friends!- Well duh. everyone is grateful for friends right? Well I have such an eccentric group of friends. I honestly do not know how I got so lucky! Not only are like 90% of my friends basically become my family but they accept me for all of my "unique-ness". My friend Lisa and I where discussing a guy she knows that she thought she might like to set me up with when suddenly she says, "Oh Samiee! I just don't know! I don't want to set you up with anyone because you are perfect they way you are and I don't want you to change!" Not going to lie I laughed and cried at the same time. I have never had anyone tell me that before. It really touched me.

* Dayzie- Ya, ya I know instead of being a cat lady I am a beagle lady. It is true tho. I am in love with my dog. She is the canine version of me I swear.Well she is a bit nicer than I am but holy crap that little ball of love can make me happy when I am inconsolable.

Well those are the top 3 things I am most grateful for. The rest of the list goes on and on and on I am sure. But for now this is perfect just the way it is.

2 comments:

K + J said...

Hey Samalama... it is me Swera... I have hijacked Kathleen's lappy so I will comment under her account.

You are incredible and I am honored to call you my friend. You are one of a kind, and should never be changed. I agree with your friend.

I am also so happy that you are remaining positive throughout all this chaos. And if you are feeling a bit like Liz Gilbert that is a good thing. Great changes came in her life when it all looked like it was going down the pooper!

You're awesome, and amazing things will come your way. The end!

SamieeDee said...

AWE! Swera! You always have the nicest things to say to me! I miss you!

thanks for all of the support b/c w/out the support of my awesome friends like you I do not know what I would DO!!!! Um.. ya I do! I would be a TOTAL wreck!