I spent the first 2 days working the Miami beauty show which was.... um.... interesting. It was the first year of this show and to be as kind as possible... it wasn't what we would call a "success".
I did learn a lot about other cultures while in Miami... apparently there are several kinds of Cubans. There are black ones, white ones and apparently Asian ones?? Wow... I felt like I grew up in a bubble!
After this show ended Simone and I drowned our sorrows in the sun. We went to Hollywood beach.... which in a few words can be described as heaven on EARTH!!! It felt like I walked into a painting. The water is clear, turquoise and blue.... you can't see where the ocean ends and the sky begins!
After spending a GLORIOUS day at the beach I asked Simone to fulfill a wish of mine.... take me to see gators!!!!!! Yes, I have a love, fear, fascination with Alligators. Yes, I know they would snap me like a twig blah blah blah... but how can I not respect a creature like this that dates back to the dinosaurs and survived extinction so these animals are obviously smarter than I am.
I was both scared as hell and super excited to see the gators. It was like a little kid on Christmas hoping for a new Xbox or something.
This is Bob the gator. Our tour guide personally rescued and raised this amazing creature after he was nearly killed by a poacher. Bob now lives in the Everglades and as soon as he hears the tour guides voice he comes right up to him. It was AWESOME!!! Not going to lie... I wanted to hug Bob... he was like a big ole scaly puppy. Again, YES I know he would eat me. So after the tour we watched the "Gator Show" The "Gator Wrestler" was um.... HOTT! Not sure what his name was but he had a Boston accent and a nice manly physique. It also didn't hurt that he worked with gators..... Be still my beating heart.
After this show I paid $5 to hold and take pictures with Wally the gator.... and gave him a smoochy. Yes, I may be a little "crazy".....
After the glades and a couple days at the beach this Twilight pale chika actually got a tan!! According to Simones' Cuban friend Ilene I could pass for Cuban now ;)









No comments:
Post a Comment