Sunday, July 3, 2011

Vegas and L.A.

Our recent excursion(s) where in Las Vegas and L.A. The first show was the big International Beauty show (IBS) for short.... seriously... IBS......  And in true Naked Cosmetics fashion the boss put us up in an unforgettable establishment.... HOOTERS Hotel and Casino. Yup, this is especially funny b/c like 98% of our staff are females. But beer was only $1.50 so there was NO WAY I was complaining :).Anyway..... I was thrilled because finally we where working in my neck of the woods!!


I have gone to this IBS show many, many MANY times as a spectator with the salon and when I was in school but I have to say it is MUCH more fun as an exhibitor. :) As an exhibitor I was not rushed to see everything.... I could just hang out in my booth and talk to people about our kick a$$ skin cream. This show had an estimated 34k people attending in 3 days.... that is a LOT of talking... even for me. But as always we made new friends and had a smashing time:)................. 

This is a picture of me and Emilio Rivera he was my favorite bad guy in season 1 of Bones


 Matty taught us a new drinking game called "Flippy Cup"..... all I have to say is we are glad beers at the HOOTER where only $1.50. Because we all got a little tipsy.



After spending a couple days in Vegas we headed out to L.A. for IMATS-L.A. We have always had a great time at the IMATS shows and this was one was no exception. We had a stage in our booth that we shared with our neighbor and it was used by popular beauty bloggers like EnKore and Xsparkage for demonstrations. This show is always crowded so during these demos our booth was PACKED!! It was awesome! 

My favorite thing about the IMATS shows are the um..... interesting people/things you see walking around at the show...;ike this person below. If only she (?) had been using the Naked Cream sooner......
Besides seeing all the interesting folks we met a lot of really cool people during the short 2 day show. A few of the cool people we met where some of the contestants from the Syfy reality show called Face Off..... after spending the days at the show creating creepy creatures they then taught me, Simone and Matty the Monopoly drinking game..... So apparently you can turn anything into a drinking game :)

No comments: