Wednesday, April 13, 2011

West side story

I came out of my first trip to NY unscathed....for the most part anyway ;). I arrived to our hotel VERY early in the morning and our room wasn't ready yet. I had a very late flight the night before so while I sat in the lobby and waited I may have fallen asleep.... I awoke to the nice Indian man informing me a room was ready for me. I think it may have looked a little bad for business having me drooling on the sofa in the lobby like a homeless person.


It was very surreal eating breakfast in central park,  walking down fifth avenue, going into the New York Library and standing in Time Square, drinking in the Lower East Side and falling madly in love with a bartender named John that will forever hold the key to my heart..... but that is a story for another day......Of course all of this sightseeing was done after two kick A$$ days at the IMATS-NY show. So far this has been my best show yet.



This is John the bartender that has stolen my heart... SWOON
When I first arrived at the show held in a beautiful Soho loft in NY I felt VERY out of place. All the other vendors looked so chic and well... New York. Here I was this goofy girl from Utah surrounded by a lot of well known beauty professionals such as beauty bloggers that have oh a few hundred THOUSAND followers.... not that I knew who they where (I don't follow You tube bloggers much myself) After a few hours I didn't feel so out of place and everyone was surprisingly friendly.


This is Soho where the IMATS show was held
I was personally surprised by how friendly the people in NY where. I had always heard how harsh and rude New Yorkers where.... especially to out of towners but I thought they where very warm and friendly. Might have helped that my tour guide was a former New Yorker.


This man kept saying "Come to England" but he didn't have a British accent


No comments: