Ok my first expo is over and I survived. I attribute this to the amazing people I shared the last 9 days with. I am sooo grateful that I was surrounded by such warm an caring people so it made being so far from home more bearable. My co-worker/partner was real down to earth and we got a long well. Well enough after the shows we would go out and have a beer....or two... I mean c'mon we where in Milwaukee you have to drink beer while you are here.
In my last post I mentioned the elderly couple that represented the American Assoc. for Nude Recreation. Now, again very strange hobby but very, very nice people. A lot of the spectators got a kick out of them and what they represent.
The booths cross from me had exhibitors that represented home improvement stuff... and the people that worked there really took me under their wing. They had been working expos for years and had a lot of helpful suggestions and the few days I was working alone the guys working around me took it upon themselves to keep an eye on me in case any super pervy guys hung around. Thankfully this was not necessary but it made me feel a lot better.
One exhibitor that was demo-ing waterless cookware was soo nice to bring us leftovers at the end of the shows. The first night she did it I think it was because she could hear our stomachs growling all the way at her end of the isle.The food at the expo center cost a small fortune and tasted like crap (4 bucks for a soda!!) There was one night that I was without a car and had to take a cab to and from... well here in Milwaukee a cab ride ANYWHERE will cost you at minimum $30 bucks one way!!! Even if you go like a mile So she was sooo kind one night to give me a lift to my hotel after the show to save on cab fare. I was truly grateful for her.
In true Samiee style I didn't look close at my ticket and my flight home isn't until MONDAY instead of SUNDAY after the show.... how did I learn this?? Oh by arriving at the airport w/all my shiz only to be told my flight was the next day.... no worries the boss booked me a room near the airport and I will be home soon enough. Now... I REALLY, REALLY wish I was going home now epesc. since I leave for my next show in Pennsylvania prob on Friday. I miss my family and friends and most importantly DAYZIE!!!!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! You have quite the adventures going on :) This sounds awesome! Aside from that whole flight mishap. But really, this is great. I can't wait to hear about all your trips.
You are flying all over the place! This sounds like an awesome adventure. But I am sure Dayzie will be PISSED when she sees you.
So is work going well? Are you learning loads, and are you happy?
I miss your face.
Post a Comment