Sunday, August 8, 2010

Look at me trying to get in touch with nature!

This last spring I got the desire to go hiking. I have never really gone hiking before... I have spent a lot of time outdoors but I was just mostly on horseback, an ATV or snowmobile. I am not sure what brought about this desire but there is SO much beauty around us and I really feel the need to take more advantage of it. Sarah said she wanted to come along so we made a plan to go up Provo canyon. We hiked Bridal Veil Falls and Stewart Falls.... So beautiful, inspiring and serene!
Now Sarah and I cannot do things the easy way or the way 98% of others do it but hey we are who we are! On our way to bridal veil we hiked up a steep incline covered in loose sharp rocks (Ya smart right?) as we where doing this we where asking ourselves how the hell do KIDS climb this? Sheesh?!
This is the stupid incline... ya silly us didn't see the TRAIL! DOH!
I didn't REALLY fall.... or did I? haha
Beautiful shot I took while on the trail.




Once we reached the falls Sarah and I copped a squat ate our lunches and took in the majestic view. While we are eating and trying to center our chi... we watched this total moron fall down the hill across from us run THROUGH a tree and stopped just before he reached the water. Ya I laughed my ass off.



Sarah and I came up with the brilliant idea to hike out the same way we came in so we could take the tram back. Now this seems like a reasonably good idea... except the last mile was DOWNHILL! this means on our return it will be UP HILL! Ya... what morons we are. Me and my 1 whole lung and 1 half functioning lug struggled... a lot! But we made it!
After Bridal Veil we went over to the Sundance resort to hike Stewart Falls. We parked where mocked and looked down on by the pseudo yuppie a-holes that work at Sundance and paid our $10 to ride the tram to the base of the trail. Now I must say I LOVE the idea of a tram being involved in hiking! They should have them for ALL hiking trails!
Me and Sarah on the trail!

So during this little adventure we saw a squirrel (cute) a chipmunk (cute) and a little snake (not cute) actually the snake as little as it was it was freaking gross I started squealing and jumping then it jumped and started slithering off. Sarah didn't see it but I was freaked out!! Maybe being out in nature is over rated.... nah! It was soo worth it! I can't wait to go again!
I couldn't resist taking a picture of my hot toes in the water!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, come on, Samiee! Hiking is the best thing in the world :) If you ever want to know about more, or perhaps join me on one, let me know! Some of my greatest adventures have been on hikes.

Anyway, this looks fantastic. That hill is quite the landslide...I am glad you enjoyed yourself despite a few near death experiences.