Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pennsylvania....... part uno

Well show numero dos is coming to a close and not a moment too soon. The show it's self has been a blast but two 9 day shows back to back is a bit much. My feet hurt, I am tired and I am ready for a few days at home. Maybe more than a few. I miss my fam and friends and my baby girl,

Here is a brief outline of what has gone on in the last week: (Please note these things are not arraigned in any particular order per se I listed them as I have remembered them)

*I took a Greyhound bus from D.C. to Harrisburg at 3am.... ALONE..... this was scary and I am NEVER doing that again. I made it safe and somewhat sound though.

*I met one of my co-workers at 6:30 am one morning when I woke up and she was in bed next to me..... Now get your mind out of the gutter......... There are 3 of us in one room so someone has gotta share  a bed. Thankfully this girl seems to be cut from the same cloth as me. So it was all good.

*The Amish are REAL fun to watch. I like that they wear crocs and avoid eye contact with us at all cost.

* There are lots and lots AND lots of fun photo ops around this show since is a sports and outdoor show that is held in NINE different buildings. I will be posting photos soon enough.

* I was made aware I work for Naked A.S.S (Advanced Skin Solutions) ya.... of course I do.

*This morning one sales rep referred to our product as "Man Butter" in hopes of luring some rather rugged men to trying some.... I almost peed my pants laughing at that description and I was not at all surprised that those men where UN-interested in sampling our fine product.

*There is a adorable little Pomeranian that is in need of a home that only has one eye. His name is Blinker. (pictures to come) and if my baby girl wasn't so anti-sharing her momma I would take him home in a heartbeat!!

*We added camouflage to our decor in hopes that we would blend better with our surroundings instead of seeming so Prussian. So far this has been quite effective.

This is just a sampling of the shenanigans that have unfolded. As always more to come so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Spinch said...

Greyhound is just scary in general. It's a long-ass story, but there was one time when I was forced to take a Greyhound from Brattleboro, VT to Boston in the middle of the night. I swear the dude sitting next to me was going to murder me and wear my skin as a hat.

SamieeDee said...

HAHA my mother did not find it amusing when I said that I would be sure to text her if I saw someone on the bus or at the station that would possibly murder me and hang me from a meat hook. I thought it was funny..... apparently that is a real concern for her.