Last week was the anniversary of my "awesomeness" aka Birthday. Since I do not want to get another year older I changed it. I can do that it is my life so don't judge me! HAHAHAHA
It was a marvelous day! I slept in and then went to lunch with Vanessa! (She was in town doing some jewelry shows) We ate at the Cheesecake Factory in Murray and it was yummmmm! The waiter was really great too! He and a couple other guys sang to me and then insisted on getting a picture taken with me. (Vanessa has that evidence). I must say they made my day pretty special.
While eating our tasty treats the waiter came and asked if I was having a party or anything that night. I responded, "No, just going to hang out at home and watch Criminal Minds with my Mom." In hindsight I realize this was a bit lame and dorky and he prob felt sorry for me.Nessa thinks he was hinting he wanted an invite if there was a party.
Now, in case you are wondering, yes, I am completely clueless when it comes to being hit on (except when I have had a few drinks. For some reason I am completely tuned into men being interested in me when slightly inebriated... go figure).
In the moment I usually do not understand that is what is happening. I blame the fact that I am so straight forward. I do not speak in code. I am direct. Ness decided to help her friend out and tried to leave the waiter my tel#. Thankfully she was unable to do it because he was standing there chatting with me and she could not be discreet. Not gonna lie I would have been mortified had she left him my #. After lunch we went over to the mall and all afternoon she kept kicking herself for not leaving my #. HAHA
The rest of my "Day of Awesomeness" was great!! I am really really blessed for all of the awesome people I have in my life. And while I refuse to embrace the fact that I am now in my late 20's and a stones throw away from 30. I remain me! I still wear Vans shoes and band t-shirt to work,I eat cotton candy whenever I get the chance.
Sunday I went with my whole family and Katie and her adorable little fam and we went up AF canyon to TibbleFork to cook some hot dogs. We sat on the shore of the reservoir and skipped rocks let the kids and the dogs play in the water and just hung out. It was FANTASTIC!! I could not imagine a better day!

No comments:
Post a Comment