Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Time spent waiting for someone else to do something is time wasted.......

So in the last few days I have been totally overwhelmed and exhausted by people that wait for someone else to do something (that someone else is usually me). Now, I am not going to rant and rave about poor picked on me... but c'mon people!?!?! If you see a problem, have an idea or want something done why wait for someone else to step up and do it? What are you so afraid of? Failing? *light bulb* That has to be it!! But that is no excuse! We all fail at something at sometime.. does it suck? Sure does! Was it worth it? Umm.. well not always but you always learn from it.

I am not specifically referring to any 1 person when I say this because I see it ALL THE TIME in all areas of my life. Patience is not a virtue I was blessed with. I was however blessed/cursed with Initiative. I have a hard time sitting back and watching something fall apart when I can step in and help it. Now, again I must stress that my way is definitely not the ONLY way or the only "right" way but when the other option is no way I do think my way is best :0) and if you do not like the way I handled it then too damn bad!! Maybe you should get off your a$$ and help. Your opinion is not valid when initially you weren't willing to contribute. I know that I don't have all the answers! and sometimes the best answer is to acknowledge that there is no answer and move on. 

*Hopping off my soapbox to go do some yoga or walk my dog*


3 comments:

Jaggers Brain said...

here here woman! (clinks DP and Pepsi cans)

You can jump back up on the soapbox just as much as you want!

Anonymous said...

you should read the kids book the dog poop initiative. Its all about how there is a soccer field with a pile of dog poop and all of these people just walk around it until someone finally takes initiative and picks it up. I totally agree with ya you go girl!

SamieeDee said...

OOOH Brit I am going to have to pick that up!!!